Thursday, February 18, 2010

SPECTACULAR avocado peach smoothie


Big week coming up, starting today. Life's chaos has sent a bunch of double and triple whammys my way, and yesterday was not the best day for nurturing my nutritional health.

This morning, I knew I had to boost my system so I wanted to make a smoothie. Rich perfectly ripe avocado on the counter, added some almond milk to the magic bullet, some lemon juice, and 2 tbsps of peach jam, finished with a tbsp of orange flavoured flax oil.

O M G.

It was absolutely amazing - creamy and rich, filling, and amazingly delicious. My friend Renee (with a baby due in the summer), and my friend Caroline (baby due in April) would love this rich smoothie.

Avocado is a fruit - why not give it a starring role in your breakfast?

Last night, Harrison commented that an impromptu sandwich was one of the best things we've ever made and asked me to write it down, so here it is:

Avocado Sandwich:

Ancient Grain Bread
Perfectly ripe avocado slices
Lemon Zest and lemon juice
Tamari (or soy sauce)
Hot sauce
Toasted sesame oil
Lemon salt

He's right - it was also amazing.

Back to the to-do list, but at least I'm well fed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment