Sunday, March 24, 2013

The greatest Caesar Salad dressing

On the weekends, I find a system that REALLY works for me is to have three pots on the stove, all turned to medium heat.

Then I grab everything in my fridge, on my counter and in my cupboard that might make a meal and then just "GO!".

The more you cook, the better you get at this.

A head of cauliflower, some dried red lentils, and some red potatoes were destined to be a curry.

Some leftover tomato sauce, a new can of sauce, some red kidney beans and some frozen peppers were obviously going to be Monday's red beans and rice.

Brown rice in the rice cooker has now become quite the staple and we make 4 cups at a time so it's always ready.

Leftover cauliflower and potato were going to be soup.

Chopping one massive tear-jerking onion and some organic celery made adding the right amount to each of the four pots quite easy.  More celery in the red beans and rice, a little in the soup and just a seasoning amount to the curry was quite easy.

Cauliflower potato soup was quite good, and I did add two tablespoons of miso paste and a half a cup of brown rice to the finished product.

I had one head of romaine lettuce and about three final ribs of kale.  I chopped them each into pieces, kale much smaller than romaine, so they would spread throughout the salad.

My favourite Caesar dressing is a secret weapon to packing a lot of greens into my family.  The secret is capers - so use lots!

1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise, I love (organic, non GMO) Vegenaise.
1/8 cup avocado oil, but you could use EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) also
1/2 cup lemon juice, plus the zest if you love lemon.  If you're out?  White vinegar.
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon capers with their brine

Buzz up in a magic bullet, or blender and taste.  Adjust if it is too acidic or sour by adding more oil, or by adding more salt if it just doesn't taste Zangy.








No comments:

Post a Comment