Thursday, May 16, 2013

Asparagus Hollandaise and Fresh Pasta

I have really missed asparagus!

And Lily of the Valley....

And the smell of Lilac...

And NHL playoffs.  Except after watching a heart-wrenching defeat of the Maple Leafs, I'm kind of sensitive right now.  And being a Windsorite, I feel like more of a Red Wings fan than TO, but that's the beauty of the hockey.  It draws you in!

Spring is such a delicious, fragrant season.  And it's BUSY!  There is yard work to do, exercise to perform, school to finish, and summer plans to make.

So "what's for dinner" gets simplified to the most basic level.

I threw 2 tablespoons of grainy dijon mustard in a bowl.  Added in 1/4 cup of heavy condensed coconut milk.  Zest and juice of 1 lemon and a splash of soy sauce.  And a healthy dash of Cayenne Pepper.



Whisked in the bottom of the bowl as if I was making a classic caesar salad dressing.

Cooked up some fusilli and added to the dressing.  The heat smoothed out any solid bits of the coconut milk, and coated the pasta in a creamy sauce.

I added some added some thinly sliced young cucumber, some fresh tomato and some blanched asparagus segments for a fresh, creamy, lemony spring dinner.

Please forgive my grainy photos - promise to fix that over the long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment