Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bob Blumer's Shredded Tomato

I've been out of town on business for the past two days, worked late into the evenings M T W of this week, and had business entertaining all last weekend. Suffice it to say that I am exhausted!

It is Saturday morning, and there will only be leftover bits of building blocks in my fridge. Today is one of those opportunities to plan meals for the week with a list, shop for what is in season and actually looks good in the store, and maybe do a little long-term preparation as I go about my Saturday to-do list.

I went to see Jamie Oliver in Toronto on Thursday night. He was nicely introduced by Bob Blumer (my culinary crush). What a fun evening! Bob is one of the only men who shows up in my dreams, but I am quite sure that it is probably because I've fallen asleep watching one of his shows! In any event, both men were really great to see live.

Bob did a cooking demo with a quick pasta, interestingly enough, something I often pull together at home. It takes a lot to surprise me, but he did it. He took a huge beefsteak tomato for a quick sauce and after sauteeing some garlic and shallots SHREDDED it into the pan! Now, I have grated and shredded a lot of things in my life - even a few hearts - but NEVER a tomato!!! Talk about a quick cooking trick. Seriously, it made me wonder - why didn't I think of that before!

I tried to download a number of photos of what's been cooking for the past month, but didn't quite make it. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment