Saturday, June 2, 2012

Burst of Breakfast

Just got back from a run.  Didn't have as much muscle power as I would have liked - probably because I was running on coffee and zero breakfast.  It should be a grocery day, although I don't know where I'll fit that in.

In any event, I was running hard just to get to my fridge!  The one thing I know I had there were two different kinds of beets - red and orange - and one orange, several grapefruits and some soaked walnuts.  Apparently soaking nuts increases their nutritional availability - and boy did I need it.

Conscripted Bill into my sous-chef for two minutes, and we peeled and grated the beets, I segmented the orange and grapefruit, and blended the middle fibrous leftovers with vanilla coconut milk in the magic bullet.

Tossed the whole vibrant rainbursting contents in a bowl with the dressing.  Needed a bit of sweetness, so reached for some raw agave, and it was just delicious.  Crunchy - sweet - an absolute light show of nutrients.

Even though this soounds weird, I'm sure - it is a must try.  Now I know I have the energy my day is going to demand of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment