Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella!!! Vegan Brie!!!!

Got up at 6 this morning to finish the cheeses.  The brie set beautifully and is now aging after being rubbed down with salty hands.

The Buffalo Mozzarella is delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have added many more details to the recipe though.  The photo is below and the recipe is in there.  First of all, cheesecloth should be listed as a necessary ingredient since this was harder to do with tea towels.

Second, when lowering the mozzarella into the ice water, it is important to lower the scoop FACE UP and patiently give the mixture time to cool a bit before trying to release it from the scoop.

Next, I made two different sizes - one bocconcini sized and one ice cream scoop sized.  The little ones were easier.  But another must-have was the ice cream scoops with the little circular sweeper thing so that the mixture would release.

Julia never would have omitted these details.  I realize that "magazine style" just doesn't lend itself to as many details, although they would have been really helpful.

Having said that, this is my first time - the product is DELICIOUS!!!! - and the hardest part was the waiting and timing.  (And OMG a lot of dishes!).

Don't attempt these recipes without being near home base for an extended period of time because they are not fast.  But they are very good and I am glad I have ventured here.

I can now add "artisan cheese production" to my resume.



No comments:

Post a Comment