Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Simple Dinners...and my "I had no idea" list...









I had NO IDEA my food would become better when I dramatically reduced my reliance on meat, eggs and dairy products and increased my reliance on plant-based foods.

I had no idea that a simple collection of photos from a few snapshots of meals over the last few weeks would look so very colourful and vibrant.

I had no idea that most of these dishes cost ridiculously little, and are very quick to prepare.

I had no idea how much easier it is to clean up dishes after vegetable based meals. No sticky, slicky, gooey, greasy pans.

I had no idea that my meals would actually fuel my happiness quotient, my budget, my spare time and my enjoyment of eating.

I had no idea I coud simply eat until I was full, with no restrictions whatsoever and stay thinner than I was in high school.

I had no idea that I wouldn't have to buy Kleenex or cold medication for an entire year, because I literally never catch a cold or get a "stomach flu".

I had no idea that there was an extra 10-12 pounds of weight that was put there by my daily food choices.

I had no idea that eating this many vegetables would not just feel like a chore, but be absolutely delicious.

I had no idea that the healthy eating we were doing was going to influence as many people as it has, and that my blog would be read all over the world by vegans and omnivores alike.

I had no idea I was adding about $7 grand back into my family's disposable income.

I had no idea that blogging about food would be THIS MUCH FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment