Monday, October 5, 2009

Craving Broccoli??!!??

This morning while packing up, I was sensing that I NEED something. I was having an honest-to-goodness CRAVING. A mental picture prompts my wanna-be chef tastebuds to actually taste the sensation in my mouth. The quest to get in my car, buy it and consume it feverishly. The craving was for?

Broccoli.

Broccoli? The green stuff that prompted a presidential revelation of disgust to enrage an entire segment of the agricultural industry? The cruciferous bouquet of green that causes children everywhere to hone their negotiating skills with their parents "I'll just eat the tops, OK?". The only vegetable sufficient to cause me to scream in horror when I proudly harvested one from my garden, plopped it in a sink of cold water, and henceforth watched as every living critter living in it exited its shelter, swam, then crawled over my entire kitchen counter as Harrison dissolved in laughter?

Yes. I want broccoli. Bad. More than I've ever even craved chocolate.

I have dinner made, but it might be possible to do a quick soup tonight? Chicken stock steeped broccoli florets, garnished with some cheddar cheese?

I really believe the hard 6 am workout with yesterday's 5K run is prompting a finally healthy craving. I think it's my body's revolt against colourless food, spurred on by the blood red beets from yesterday? Maybe a body has a natural impulse towards vitamins, once you slow down and actually listen to it?

A craving for broccoli. Now that's a first.

No comments:

Post a Comment