Sunday, October 4, 2009

Testing my own advice

Last night before bed, I wrote out the ingredient list for the "easy" menu week I devised for my ultra-busy friends. (Did the 5K run for the cure this morning, and felt fantastic actually using my muscles again!!!) I've scanned the list (if you double click, it gets much bigger!) plus the $71 result at the grocery store. And that includes $17 grouper fillets. It was actually quite fast to work from this list, and I'm curious as heck to see if I can actually feed us for the week. Stay tuned. Maybe I'll even do a video clip so you can see how easy everything is?? The first thing I noticed while shopping was that my list wasn't in order of how a grocery store was laid out, so I promise to fix that. The second thing I noticed was my own discomfort with such a SHORT grocery list. So - this week will be an ongoing experiment! My artichoke goat cheese dip I made yesterday was DELICIOUS tonight. Artichokes are a lot of work, for a mere nugget or two of something worthwhile. You peel away layer on layer on layer, just hoping to get to it. It seemed the perfect dish to make yesterday! However, in the "a stich in time saves nine" world, the effort was worth it. Harrison's lunch sandwiches are in the fridge, and were produced with assembly-line precison this evening to make sure this week doesn't get away from me. Coffee's made (timer is set for 5:05). We hit the Gym at 6 am tomorrow to burn off my month's worth of bad choices, but the blog reflects lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment