Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Spectacular Spicy Sweet Potato Peanut Soup













Regular Saturday. There is a great stock sitting in my fridge from Thursday waiting to be used.

I quickly peeled and diced two sweet potatoes in the pantry.

Poured the stock into a soup pot on medium and add the sweet potato chunks to warm and soften (about 10 minutes). Then I added 1/3 cup of peanut butter and a clove of garlic and the last few spoonfulls of an indian curry sauce leftover from Wednesday. The ultimate in recycling.

I poured the chunky broth in the blender and wizzed it up. I served the hearty, spicy, sweet, warm soup in bowls with leftover whole wheat couscous, and a dab of chinese garlic chili sauce. WW crackers on the side.

This recipe was crazy delicious and gorgeous.

I have dishes to do but this soup stopped me in my tracks to blog about.

THANKS UNCLE FRANK and AUNT CAROLYN for the USB attachment for my photos!!!

p.s. For those of you who need yet another reason to go vegan or just give it a try, this recipe probably cost me three bucks in total - fed three, with enough leftovers for two more bowls and was incredibly easy to clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment