Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tofurkey Ham Sandwich

I bought some Tofurkey Smoked Slices which were supposed to taste like ham.

When Harrison was much younger, I sent him to school with veggie "meat" sandwiches all the time, and he never knew the difference.  But now that he's older and can't be fooled, I almost never buy it.

He does like sandwiches, so I bought some.  And this morning I was just desperate in the "what's for lunch?" department to make myself one too.

I bit into it expecting it to taste like an imitation.  Like Freixenet pretending to be Veuve Cliquot.

But instead

IT
WAS
GREAT!??!!!

It tasted nice and rich, satisfying and smoky.  I'm thinking that it would make a good BLT, or go nicely on a hawaiian pizza, chopped up with some pineapple.

I have really moved away from the processed foods, but this was something that I would definitely buy again.


No comments:

Post a Comment